We’re hiring Temporary Meter Readers/Technicians in Houghton, Michigan!
This project performs meter placement for UPPCO, in conjunction with Itron, and seeks 10 highly motivated individuals. In this temporary position, the successful candidates use a company-provided vehicle to travel the area reading, inspecting, removing and replacing electric meters.
COMPENSATION. $15.00 per hour plus production bonuses. Opportunity for daily and Saturday overtime available.
SCHEDULE. This is a temporary position that begins on or about September 9, 2019 with initial training. The position will run through mid-December, 2019. For those interested in continuing on, the position will begin again in April of 2020 and run for a period of 90-120 days.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Possess a high school diploma or GED.
- Previous experience working in electricity is a plus, but not required.
- Aptitude and ability to learn and understand electric meters; troubleshoot, inspect, record voltage data, and remove/replace meters once trained.
- Courteous and service-minded personality as you will represent our company when arriving at customer homes to work on their electric meters.
- Willing and able to work outside in all weather conditions (humidity, rain, snow, hot, cold, windy, etc.).
- Valid driver’s license. A company vehicle and fuel will be provided to travel throughout the Houghton, MI and surrounding area. You can expect to be home nightly. Lodging will be provided when distances necessitate overnight stays.
- A motivated attitude that works well with little direct supervision.
INTERESTED? Apply online below.