Laser North, a laser cutting, machining and fabrication specialist, continues to grow and seeks a CNC Programmer/Machinist to join their team in Baraga, Michigan. The CNC Programmer/Machinist is responsible for effective programming and operation of CNC equipment to ensure quality product is safely produced, in a timely manner.
Laser North is the very image of The American Business—intertwining innovation and technology, with hard working, competent and motivated employees. Laser North is a competitive and responsive manufacturing business which enjoys rising to meet a challenge and constantly strives to offer customers exemplary service. Company success is attributed to the motivation, skill, and teamwork of their employees, and understanding the importance of maintaining a personal relationship with each valued employee. If you enjoy a fast-paced work environment, working with your hands, and being a valued member of a motivated team, we want to hear from you.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Wage: $24.00 – $32.50 hourly, based on skills and experience
- Performance-Based Bonus
- Supplemental Health Insurance Program (Employer Funded)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Holidays, Personal Days)
- SIMPLE IRA Retirement Plan
- Competitive Wage
- Great Management
- Safety Training
- Company provided apparel
- Safe, clean, and bright working environment
Responsibilities of the CNC Programmer/Machinist:
- Interpreting blueprints, creating program readouts, and technical directives, performing shop mathematics, and programming.
- Competently program, set up, and machine complex mill and lathe projects.
- Maintain effective equipment operations to meet customer demands and provide on-time delivery.
- Program and machine a variety of materials such as carbon steel, stainless steel, titanium, aluminum, and poly products.
- Use precision measuring equipment to ensure parts are in accordance with customer requirements and specifications.
- Take ownership of organizing and cleaning specified work area.
- Take the initiative to help other production areas as needed.
- Operate manual mills and/or lathes as needed.
- Effectively collaborate with the Leadership Team and other departments.
- Self-motivation and excellent work ethic required.
- 3+ years of experience as a CNC machinist.
- Ability to read and understand complex prints and instructions.
- Comprehensive knowledge of G & M Code.
- Ability to effectively program and operate 3-5 axis CNC mills and CNC lathes.
- Ability to read and utilize precise measuring equipment.
- Possess strong attention to detail and the ability to solve problems.
- Ability to balance a sense of urgency while maintaining the highest level of safety, quality and efficiency as a CNC Machinist.
- Ability to follow business rules/guidelines and adhere to safe work practices and lifting techniques.
Interested? Apply online at lasernorth.hirescore.com
No phone calls, emails or walk-ins please.
About the Company. Learn more about Laser North at lasernorthinc.com