The Iron County Medical Care Facility (ICMCF) seeks a dedicated professional for the position of full-time Assistant Director of Nursing to join their team in Crystal Falls, Michigan.
To succeed, you must possess an ability to lead, a willingness to cooperate with department heads and other staff, and be in good mental and physical condition to organize, plan and direct nursing services in this well-established facility.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF NURSING.
- Assist in maintaining standards of nursing practices; developing/updating policies & procedures for nursing staff.
- Supervises and reviews resident care and resident care policies.
- Performs duties of staff nurse, as needed, and be on call in absence of Director of Nursing.
- Assist in identifying and solving departmental and personnel problems.
- Assist in proper handling of emergency care of residents, personnel and visitors involved in accidents while on the job or in the building.
- Maintain Federal and State regulations as related to nursing and be knowledgeable of State requirements for other services and departments in the facility.
- Keep current in the field of Nursing through literature, workshops, and conferences.
- Attends routine meetings with RN’s, LPN’s and C.N.A’s, as needed.
- Assists in coordinating nursing in-services w/other departments such as Physical Therapy, Diversional Therapy and others.
- Make rounds of nursing units monitoring resident care for compliance w/federal, state & local standards/regulations.
- Assist in establishing the administration procedure and control of medication under direction of the Pharmacists and participates in policy change with Pharmacists and pharmacy committee.
- Assists in the development of individual resident care plans and charting, as needed.
- Responsible for seeing that resident care plans are initiated and followed through.
- Works closely with MDS Coordinator.
- Assigns responsibility and delegate’s authority in absence of Director of Nursing.
- Carries on continuous evaluation of needs and services as it concerns nursing care.
- Work with staff to continually up grade and improve nursing care of the residents.
- Assist in providing for the spiritual, psychological and social needs of residents.
- Perform evaluations of professional and non-professional staff.
- Assist compliance officer with investigations.
- Assist Director of Nursing, Infection Control Coordinator and Inservice Coordinator as needed.
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS. Starting wage of $31.80 per hour with an increase at 6 months and 1 year. In addition, the ICMCF offers a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, generous retirement plan, paid vacation, paid holidays, life insurance and uniform allowance.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL AS THE ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF NURSING.
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the State of Michigan.
- Experience in supervision and geriatric nursing required; wound care experience a plus.
- Previous experience supervising in a hospital, skilled nursing, long-term care or other related medical facility preferred.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with a professional demeanor that ensures trust and competence amongst peers and patients.
- Proficiency with computers.
- Ability to manage a diverse workload and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to physically and mentally carry out the functions of this position.
INTERESTED? Apply online below or at icmcf.hirescore.com