GS Engineering, a diverse, high tech company located in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula, seeks a Project Manager to join their Electrical Engineering Team in Houghton, Michigan.
GS Engineering works with government and commercial clients to develop world-class electronics from avionics and vehicle data systems to consumer and OEM electrical systems and components. The Project Manager is responsible for ensuring successful execution of these types of contracts from both a technical and business perspective.
This position is responsible for the day-to-day planning and coordination of client and project support operations including team resource coordination. This role provides a critical function within the Electrical Engineering team, overseeing a wide range of fundamental design tasks from schematic conception through software/firmware development and hardware integration.
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS. Starting salary of $70,000 – $85,000 annually based on knowledge and experience in addition to a comprehensive benefit package including health, dental, vision, health savings account, 401K retirement plan, Employee Stock Ownership Program, cell phone allowance, tuition reimbursement, life and disability insurance, paid holidays and vacation days.
- Organize, direct and coordinate planning and execution of all project activities.
- Client management including initiating and coordinating the project life cycle.
- Responsible for working within project budgets as defined by proposals and contracts.
- Track technical and financial project status and direct resources; assign tasks based on project work plans and client interactions.
- Compile documentation and presentation of project milestone status; coordinate deliverables.
- Supervise several employees; responsible for regular task and time card management, professional development, mentoring and performance reviews.
- Identify/present opportunities for growth in team capabilities based on knowledge of current industry.
- Maintain a professional team atmosphere that encourages organizational skills, attention to detail and clear, consistent communication.
MINIMUM AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology or equivalent combination of experience, education and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to be successful in this position.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in electrical engineering across multiple product/system types required.
- Project Management experience involving government contracts, vehicular engineering, avionics and/or military products preferred.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality.
- To conform to U.S. Government regulations, candidates must be United States citizens or lawful permanent residents of the United States and be able to obtain a security clearance from the Department of Defense upon hire.
- Ability to travel overnight on occasion.
INTERESTED? Apply online at gsengineering.hirescore.com
GS Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Learn more about us at gsengineering.com