Anderson, Tackman & Company CPAs, a well-established, full-service accounting firm, seeks a Staff Accountant to join our team in Marquette, Michigan. CPA Candidates and those with previous experience preferred, however, we welcome all levels of experience and will train the right individuals who demonstrate a desire to learn.
WHAT YOU’LL DO.
- Work with clients in such industries as government, not-for-profit, financial institutions, and employee benefit plans.
- Review client financial/tax documentation and audit workpapers.
- Research tax, accounting and regulatory issues that arise during an audit engagement to determine client compliance with GAAP and other regulatory statutes.
- Plan financial audits by understanding organization objectives, policies, processes, internal controls, and external regulations.
- Identify risk areas, prepare audit scope and objectives, and prepare audit programs.
- Participate in all phases of an audit including planning, control analysis, testing, and substantive procedures.
- Work with senior staff to determine overall audit strategy.
- Assist in the preparation of reports for management concerning scope of audit, financial conditions found, and source and application of funds.
- Develop ideas to assist clients with operational and control opportunities.
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS. Starting salary of $40,000 – $60,000 annually, based on your knowledge and experience. In addition, we offer medical, dental, vision, 401(k) retirement plan, performance incentives, life insurance, paid vacation, sick time and holidays, continuing professional education along with the opportunity to advance your career within our company.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL AS OUR STAFF ACCOUNTANT.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required.
- CPA Candidates preferred; CPA license a bonus.
- Previous experience in public accounting and/or audit a bonus, however, we will train the right individual who demonstrates a passion for our business and a desire to learn.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Word and Excel) required.
- Experience with business accounting software (i.e. QuickBooks, Sage, Thompson Reuters CS Professional Suite/UltraTax) preferred.
- Exceptional time management skills with an ability to organize and prioritize projects and meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain and promote a positive attitude and work environment.
- Ability to travel to client sites and work long hours, if needed.
INTERESTED IN JOINING US? Apply online below.