UPPCO seeks highly-motivated individuals to join our team in Munising, Michigan as Temporary Meter Readers. In this temporary position, the successful candidates will read electric meters, report metering irregularities, and provide customers with information regarding company policies and rates.
COMPENSATION. $15.00 per hour.
SCHEDULE. This is a temporary position that begins on or about July 1, 2019 and runs for a period of 90-180 days.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL.
- 1 or more years’ experience working in business, customer service, or having served in the military.
- Able to operate handheld meter reading device (PC based minicomputer).
- Willing and able to work outside for long periods of time, in all weather conditions (humidity, rain, snow, hot, cold, windy, etc.).
- Willing to work evenings or weekends.
- Valid driver’s license.
- A positive, motivated attitude that works well with little direct supervision.
INTERESTED? Apply online below.
No phone calls, emails or walk-ins please.
ABOUT US. UPPCO is a private, equity-owned, regulated electric utility delivering safe, reliable energy to about 54,000 customers in 10 counties of Michigan’s pristine Upper Peninsula. Our assets include 7 hydroelectric renewable energy generation facilities that also offer public recreational opportunities on land and water, 2 combustion turbines providing a total generation capacity of approximately 80 megawatts, 3,300 miles of electric distribution lines, and 58 distribution substations. Learn more at uppco.com.