Dickinson County Healthcare System
The Dickinson County Healthcare System (DCHS) seeks a full-time Biomedical Technician to join their team of 600 committed staff members in Iron Mountain, Michigan.
The ideal person for this position is an electronics technician whose area of specialization is medical equipment.
This position reports to the Plant Operations Director.
- Complete testing and performance verification of biomedical electronic equipment to meet compliance standards.
- Test and operate new equipment before being put into service.
- Maintain inventory of parts, maintenance contracts, and maintenance manuals for all hospital equipment.
- Based on service calls or failure rates, determine and provide equipment in-service demonstrations to staff to assure patient safety.
- Review equipment procedures and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Respond to emergency situations to maintain hospital medical equipment (electronic and biomedical) on a call-in basis as needed.
WAGE/BENEFITS. Starting pay of $18.80 – $28.20 per hour based on knowledge and years of experience. In addition, we offer medical, dental, vision, pension plan, paid time off (sick, vacation), and life insurance.
MINIMUM AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS.
- Graduate of a biomedical equipment program or have a two-year degree in electronics required.
- BMET Certification preferred.
- 2 years’ Biomedical Electronics Technician experience required.
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills with a professional demeanor that ensures trust and competence amongst team members.
- Proficiency with electrical test meters, oscilloscopes, and repair manuals/schematics.
- Possess a physical ability to differentiate between various colors, stand, walk, bend, push, pull, carry, crouch, and lift items (up to 15 pounds) on a regular basis.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to successfully pass a pre-hire drug screening and background check.
INTERESTED? Submit your application for employment at dchs.hirescore.com
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION. DCHS has been named a 2020 Top 100 Rural & Community Hospital by The Chartis Center for Rural Health. This annual award honoring rural hospital performance is determined by the results of iVantage Health Analytics’ Hospital Strength INDEX®, which is celebrating its tenth anniversary in 2020. Learn more at dchs.org