Dickinson County Healthcare System
The Dickinson County Healthcare System (DCHS) seeks a full-time Building & Grounds Maintenance Worker to join their team of 600 committed staff members in Iron Mountain, Michigan.
The ideal person for the Maintenance Worker position is someone experienced with mechanical maintenance and repair of HVAC systems, equipment, buildings and grounds.
This position reports to the Plants Operations Manager.
- Inspect, regulate, repair and maintain heating, cooling and ventilation systems, fire protection systems, emergency power systems, hardware, fixtures, plumbing, electrical equipment, mechanical equipment and the physical building.
- Maintain inventory of repair supplies and materials.
- Serve as a member of the fire team; attend training sessions as required.
- Review, complete and document preventive maintenance duties as scheduled.
- Follow policies, procedures, directives and compliance standards established by hospital and supervising staff; make recommendations for improvements as needed.
- Maintain effective and professional communication with hospital staff and vendors.
WAGE/BENEFITS. Starting pay of $14.68 – $20.81 per hour based on knowledge and experience. In addition, we offer medical, dental, vision, pension plan, paid time off (sick, vacation) and life insurance.
MINIMUM AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Possess at least 3 years’ mechanical maintenance work experience including training/experience in welding, engine repair, sheet metal work and painting required.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Minimum of 1-year experience or training in at least one of the following areas: electrical repair, plumbing, boiler operation or carpentry required.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Are motivated to take action, use safe work practices and are resourceful in solving problems.
- Position requires an ability to perform heavy, physical work with lifting and/or carrying up to 50 pounds; exposure to high heat and humidity; dusty, dirty and confined spaces; and outdoor weather conditions involving long hours during heavy snowstorms.
- Ability to successfully pass a pre-hire drug screening and background check.
INTERESTED? Submit your application for employment at dchs.hirescore.com
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION. DCHS has been named a 2020 Top 100 Rural & Community Hospital by the Chartis Center for Rural Health. This annual award honoring rural hospital performance is determined by the results of iVantage Health Analytics’ Hospital Strength INDEX®, which is celebrating its tenth anniversary in 2020. Learn more at dchs.org