Iron County Medical Care Facility
The Iron County Medical Care Facility (ICMCF) seeks cheerful and energetic full-time and part-time Certified Nursing Assistants to join their dynamic team in Crystal Falls, Michigan.
To succeed, you must possess an ability to take direction and assist professional nursing staff by performing routine duties in the care of the residents of our well-established facility. This position requires a willingness to collaborate with other staff and be in good mental and physical condition as you will be standing and walking during work periods. The ideal candidate is patient, tactful, and enthusiastic in the handling of residents and their care.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT.
- Provide professional and quality nursing care to residents.
- Follow instructions and care plans for residents.
- Assist residents during admission, daily care and transfer.
- Give baths (partial, bed, whirlpool), shampoo, set hair, clean/cut fingernails and toenails.
- Brush teeth, shave, and give oral care.
- Give enemas and suppositories.
- Make beds.
- Empty and disinfect bedpans, commodes, urinals; empty wastebaskets.
- Collect urine, stool and sputum specimens.
- Record weight and height.
- Lift, turn, reposition and ambulate residents.
- Carry out instructions of supervisors.
- Participate in staff/resident teaching and in-service programs, as needed.
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS. Starting wage of $15.46 per hour with increase to $15.93 after 6 months PLUS a $2,000 sign-on bonus (after one year of employment) for full-time and part-time CNAs. In addition, the ICMCF offers a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, pension plan, paid vacation, paid holidays, paid sick time, life insurance, uniform allowance, shift differentials, and pay incentives for perfect attendance and picking up additional shifts. Hours worked in excess of 8 consecutive hours are paid at time and one-half.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL AS OUR CERTIFIED NURSE ASSISTANT.
- Successful completion of Michigan or Wisconsin State licensed nurse aide training and competency evaluation program.
- Inclusion on the Michigan Nurse Aide Registry within 4 months of hire, required.
- No flags against applicant’s name on any State Registry.
- Previous experience in hospital, skilled nursing or other related medical facility preferred.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with a professional demeanor that ensures trust and competence amongst peers and patients.
- Ability to manage a diverse workload and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to physically and mentally carry out the functions of this position.
- Willingness to perform a variety of simple repetitive tasks of which may involve unpleasant conditions.
INTERESTED? Apply online below.
Learn more about us at ironcountymcf.com