Dickinson County Healthcare System
The Dickinson County Healthcare System (DCHS) seeks an experienced Clinical Applications Analyst to join their team of 600 committed staff members in Iron Mountain, Michigan.
This position provides software support and education to all clinical users within our healthcare system. As the Clinical Applications Analyst, your computer and data processing knowledge will develop network software, perform installations and upgrades, analyze data security, system maintenance and management, and perform needs analysis as we strive to become a premier healthcare provider in the region.
This position reports to the Application Systems Supervisor/Project Manager.
- Assists Information Systems Staff with needs assessments, workflow and priorities of clinical departments.
- Develop/conduct user training courses on purchased and/or in-house developed applications.
- Maintain policies/procedures online for use and support of all applications maintained.
- Provide coordination and project management for installation, setup, training and support for new applications obtained by hospital.
- Provide on-going troubleshooting within department, other departments, and with outside vendors.
- Track, prioritize and document projects using department tracking software.
- Maintain, stay current and adhere to department and hospital policies and procedures.
- Respond in a timely manner to software, equipment and computer operation “On-Call” requests, as assigned.
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS. Starting salary of $26.40 – $39.60 per hour based on your knowledge and expertise. In addition, we offer medical, dental, vision, pension plan, paid time off (sick, vacation), and life insurance.
MINIMUM AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS.
- Bachelor’s degree in sciences, technology, healthcare or other related field preferred.
- 5 years’ experience using advanced knowledge of computer systems, information systems, and/or data processing preferred; background in acute care hospital computer systems (i.e. RN, MT, RT or similar profession) a plus.
- Working knowledge of Windows operating systems, Microsoft SQL, and office automation tools.
- Ability to apply analytical skills to resolving issues.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with ability to provide subject matter guidance, training and advice to management.
- Self-motivation with the ability to work under pressure on multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
INTERESTED? Submit your application for employment at dchs.hirescore.com
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION. DCHS has been named a 2020 Top 100 Rural & Community Hospital by The Chartis Center for Rural Health. This annual award honoring rural hospital performance is determined by the results of iVantage Health Analytics’ Hospital Strength INDEX®, which is celebrating its tenth anniversary in 2020. Learn more at dchs.org