McGann Building Supply
McGann Building Supply, a lumber and hardware supply store, seeks an energetic and helpful Counter Sales Associate to join their team in Hancock, Michigan. This position works with customers, answers telephone inquiries, performs general housekeeping, and maintains products/merchandising displays. The Sales Associate reports directly to the Store Manager. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced office environment and are described as someone who gets the job done with a smile on your face, we want to hear from you!
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE COUNTER SALES ASSOCIATE.
- Write up customer special orders in accord with store policy/procedures.
- Maintain product price point and identity tickets on shelf displays and hooks.
- Handling customer complaints in a positive and constructive manner.
- Approve returns and issuing credit memos for return goods.
- Identify defective products with a return goods tag.
- Maintain all price and catalogue books relevant to their departments.
- Keep merchandise displays fresh and attractive in appearance.
- Become familiar with all the products sold in their departments.
- Attend all training courses in relation to store procedures, safety, products, etc.
- Become knowledgeable about company policy and procedures.
- Ensure that products on sale or promotion are properly identified and tagged.
- Be observant of customers who appear to be acting in a manner suspicious (i.e. store theft).
- Maintain a friendly, courteous and helpful manner to customers and staff at all times.
- Be prepared to work in other departments, as required.
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS/SCHEDULE. This is a full-time position with a rotating schedule that includes working Saturdays and offers a starting wage of $15.00 per hour or more based on your knowledge and experience. In addition, we offer health and dental insurance, a retirement plan, and paid vacation.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED.
- Previous experience in building materials and supplies, a bonus.
- Through your interactions, you instill confidence and trust w/our customers, vendors and staff.
- Possess a keen eye for detail, organization and accuracy.
- Handle client complaints to satisfaction.
- A positive and professional manner at all times.
- Proficient w/computers and MS Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook calendar & email).
- Possess an impeccable attendance record, an exceptional work ethic and exemplary time management skills.
- Able to work with little to no supervision and are a flexible, adaptable team player.
- Possess exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
INTERESTED? Apply online below.
No phone calls, emails or walk-ins please.
ABOUT US. McGann Building Supply is an independently owned, well-established lumber, building material and hardware supply store serving the area for nearly 70 years. Our team members are experienced and committed to providing top-notch customer experiences. Learn more at mcgannbuildingsupply.com.