Iron County Medical Care Facility
The Iron County Medical Care Facility (ICMCF) seeks a full-time Dietary Manager to join their team in Crystal Falls, Michigan.
This position reports to the Director of Dietary Services, facility Administrator and works with the Consulting Dietician.
- Provide leadership in directing and supervising dietary operations and its staff.
- Assist with in-services and orientation for dietary staff.
- Visit residents, as needed, to ensure quality and acceptance of meals served.
- Assist with Quality Improvement/Assurance.
- Help develop and maintain dietary policies/procedures.
- Maintain sanitation and safety standards.
- Comply with State and Federal rules/regulations governing dietary departments.
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS. Starting wage of $20.35 per hour with increase to $20.85/hour after 6 months, and $21.35/hour after 1 year. In addition, the ICMCF offers a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, generous retirement plan, paid time off (vacation, sick days, holidays), life and short-term disability insurance.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL AS THE DIETARY MANAGER.
- Certified Dietary Manager (or be Certified Dietary Manager eligible) or a Bachelor’s degree in a directly related field (Health, Nutrition, Dietetics, Food Service Management), required.
- 3 years’ experience in nutritional assessments, geriatric nutrition, menu planning, diet therapy and/or quantity food service preferred.
- Working knowledge of recordkeeping, purchasing, food safety, food preparation, food service and dietary management required.
- Must be organized, able to prioritize and to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with a professional demeanor that ensures trust and competence amongst staff and residents.
- Ability to manage and supervise a diverse workload, operations and staff as well as prioritize tasks.
- Proficiency with computer and basic office software (Word, Excel, email, etc.) required.
- Ability to physically and mentally carry out the functions of this position including working with the elderly; standing and walking 7 – 9 hours on a typical work day; exposure to hot and cold temperatures in kitchen and storage areas; bending, lifting, pushing or pulling as needed.
- This position is in a long-term care facility, open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. This position is generally 5 days per week, weekends and evenings may be required. Willingness to work more than the normal hours or days when necessary.
INTERESTED? Apply online at icmcf.hirescore.com
ABOUT THE COMPANY. The ICMCF is a well-established 200 bed county-owned, skilled nursing and medical care facility. Learn more at ironcountymcf.com