Iron County Medical Care Facility
The Iron County Medical Care Facility (ICMCF) seeks compassionate full-time Dining Assistants to join their team in Crystal Falls, Michigan.
To succeed, you must possess an ability to take direction and assist professional nursing staff with routine dining duties. This position requires a willingness to collaborate with other staff and be in good mental and physical condition as you care for our elderly and disabled residents.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE DINING ASSISTANT.
- Carry out instructions and care plans of supervisors.
- Handle and serve residents in their dining experience adhering to safety and comfort standards including passing and collecting meal trays, feeding residents, and passing nourishments.
- Performs housekeeping duties such as stripping and making beds.
- Assist with transporting residents to activities or therapy, as needed.
- Participate in in-service programs.
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS. Starting wage of $10.79 per hour with an increase to $11.33 after 6 months. In addition, the ICMCF offers a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, pension plan, paid time off (sick, vacation), life and short-term disability insurance, and a uniform allowance. Hours worked in excess of 8 consecutive hours are paid at time and one-half.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL AS THE DINING ASSISTANT.
- Possess a sincere and genuine interest in assisting residents with their dining needs which includes patience and tact in delivering exceptional customer service to residents, their families, visitors and other employees.
- High school diploma or GED, required.
- Ability to physically and mentally carry out the functions of this position which include constant standing and walking during work periods; turning, stopping, bending, stretching and lifting up to 50 pounds; making beds, and moving equipment.
- Excellent verbal communication skills with a professional demeanor that ensures trust, competence and compassion amongst peers and residents.
- Willingness to participate and complete an 8-hour State approved Dining Assistant training program and other in-service training, as required.
- Ability to successfully pass a background check.
INTERESTED? Apply online at icmcf.hirescore.com
ABOUT THE COMPANY. Learn more at ironcountymcf.com