Iron County Medical Care Facility
The Iron County Medical Care Facility (ICMCF) seeks a dedicated professional for the position of full-time Director of Nursing to join our team in Crystal Falls, Michigan.
To succeed, you must possess a genuine interest in long-term care, an ability to lead, a willingness to cooperate with various stakeholders, and be in good mental and physical condition to organize, plan and direct nursing services in our well-established 200-bed facility.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE DIRECTOR OF NURSING.
- Assist in maintaining standards of nursing practices; develop/update/communication policies & procedures for nursing staff.
- Participates in admission decisions.
- Evaluate work performance and annual reviews of all nursing staff; carries out disciplinary actions as needed.
- Collaborates/communicates regularly w/medical & nursing staff, various departments, consultants, community agencies & institutions to coordinate/improve quality of service & resolve problems.
- Coordinates nursing services with various departments.
- Oversees nursing schedules to assure they meet resident needs and regulatory/budget standards.
- Oversees/supervises development and delivery of nursing staff in-service education.
- Make rounds to observe care and to interview staff, residents, families or other interested parties.
- Monitors staff for compliance with workplace safety measures.
- Monitors complaints reports and facility incidents on a daily basis to determine best course of action.
- Acts in an administrative capacity in absence of the Administrator.
- Develops and maintains job descriptions for nursing staff.
- Develops and maintains an ongoing quality assurance program for nursing staff.
- Serves on various committees as assigned.
- Maintain knowledge of Federal and State regulations as related to nursing.
- Keep current with nursing standards through continuing education, seminars, literature, workshops.
- Monitors nursing care to ensure all residents are treated with dignity and respect.
- Assist in providing for the spiritual, psychological and social needs of residents.
- Manages department budget and expenditures.
- Represents the facility and nursing services in professional and community activities.
- Assigns responsibility and delegate’s authority when needed.
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS. Starting wage of $38.65 per hour with an increase at 6 months to $39.15 and $39.65 at 1 year. In addition, the ICMCF offers benefits including medical, dental, vision, generous retirement plan, paid time off (vacation, sick days, holidays), life insurance and uniform allowance.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL AS OUR DIRECTOR OF NURSING.
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the State of Michigan.
- 2 years’ professional nursing experience in a long-term care setting preferred.
- 3 years’ experience in nursing administration or a comparable management position required.
- Ability to work overtime, be on-call, and able to be reached and respond during emergency situations.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with a professional demeanor that ensures trust and competence amongst peers and patients.
- Proficiency with computers.
- Ability to manage a diverse staff, workload and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to physically and mentally carry out the functions of this position.
INTERESTED? Apply online at icmcf.hirescore.com