Dickinson County Healthcare System
The Dickinson County Healthcare System (DCHS) seeks a part-time Endoscopy Technician/Patient Care Associate to join their team of 600 committed staff members in Iron Mountain, Michigan.
This position, under the supervision of professional staff, is responsible for the nursing care of assigned patients in the ACU unit and will carry out directives from Physicians and RNs in assuring compassionate care of our patients.
- Follow policies, procedures, directives and compliance standards established by hospital and supervising staff.
- Provide direct patient care in a competent and collaborative manner.
- Maintain effective and professional communication with hospital staff and care teams.
- Assist RN in identifying patient care education needs; implement teaching plan for patients.
- Use and maintain hospital supplies/equipment in a cost effective and safe manner.
- Document and maintain data within patient records.
WAGE/BENEFITS. Starting pay of $13.38 – $17.53 per hour based on years of experience. In addition, we offer medical, dental, vision, pension plan, paid time off (sick, vacation) and life insurance.
WORK SCHEDULE. This is a part-time position requiring participation in the on-call work schedule.
MINIMUM AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS.
- High school diploma or equivalent, required.
- Certification in any of the following: CNA certification in the State of Michigan, ability to obtain CNA certification within 3 months of hire, graduate of a surgical technician program, or completed a healthcare training program for LPN, EMT or Paramedic.
- 2 years’ patient care experience required; endoscopy experience within the last 12 months preferred.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification or ability to obtain within 1 month of hire.
- Exceptional customer service skills with a professional demeanor that ensures trust, competence and compassion amongst patients, families, caregivers, and team members.
- Ability to successfully pass a pre-hire drug screening and background check.
INTERESTED? Submit your application for employment by clicking the link below.