Dickinson County Healthcare System
The Dickinson County Healthcare System (DCHS) seeks a Help Desk Representative to join their Information Systems team in Iron Mountain, Michigan.
The ideal candidate is an excellent communicator and interacts well with other employees and departments to provide phone and email support for the Information Systems service desk. Candidates for this position enjoy solving problems and learning new things; can trouble-shoot issues; document problems, solutions, processes and procedures. The successful candidate is passionate about learning and fosters an insatiable desire to continually increase and share their knowledge of new and emerging technologies as we strive to become a premier healthcare provider in the region.
This position reports to the Information Systems Help Desk Coordinator.
- Perform level one phone and email support for all DCHS technology needs including creating and maintaining tickets for all calls using department tracking software.
- Assist in scheduling, setup and training for Information Systems resources.
- Determine best solutions for issues based on details provided by customers; use industry best practices for problem-solving; document details in ticketing system.
- Direct unresolved issues to next level of support; provide accurate information on IS hardware/software issues; record events, problems and resolution in ticketing system.
- Work collaboratively with members of the Information Systems Department and other DCHS departments to provide support for desktop operating systems, login issues, office automation products, presentation software, remote support, printing/copier/scanner support, interactive boards and other technology within the healthcare system.
- Maintain, stay current and adhere to department and hospital policies and procedures.
- Respond in a timely manner to software, equipment & computer operation “On-Call” requests, as assigned.
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS. Starting pay of $15.55 – $23.33 per hour based on your knowledge and expertise. Position offers medical, dental, vision, pension plan, paid time off (sick, vacation), and life insurance.
MINIMUM AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; certification in IT Help Desk or IT Customer Service preferred or the ability to obtain and maintain certification within 6 months of hire.
- Previous experience providing exceptional customer service required.
- 1-year experience in Help Desk, IT or directly related position supporting computer systems, information systems, desktop support and/or data processing systems preferred; background in acute care hospital computer systems a plus.
- Working knowledge of Windows and/or Linux operating systems, desktop systems and office automation tools.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and workflow with end-users and meet deadlines.
- Desire to learn advanced troubleshooting/support techniques in both software and hardware areas.
- Ability to work under pressure, analyze information and solve problems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to provide subject matter guidance and advice to end-users.
INTERESTED? Submit your application for employment at dchs.hirescore.com
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION. DCHS has been named a 2020 Top 100 Rural & Community Hospital by The Chartis Center for Rural Health. This annual award honoring rural hospital performance is determined by the results of iVantage Health Analytics’ Hospital Strength INDEX®, which is celebrating its tenth anniversary in 2020. Learn more at dchs.org