UPPCO seeks a Line Electrician in Munising, Michigan. In this role, you construct, operate, maintain and dismantle components of all voltages of distribution and transmission lines.
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS. $41.09 per hour in addition to a comprehensive benefit package in exchange for your knowledge and experience.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL.
- Completion of a 4-year accredited or certified line electrician apprentice program and/or attained Journeyman line electrician status.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid Class A commercial driver’s license with air brake endorsements within 4 months of hire.
- Possess thorough knowledge of all phases of electric distribution and transmission work procedures and safety rules, electric distribution standards, applicable state electric codes and statutes, and underground facilities and their purpose.
- Willingness to be on-call, work long hours and overtime, as needed.
- Ability to work outside with exposure to all types of weather conditions.
- Position involves heavy, physical work with frequent lifting and/or carrying up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work in high areas above ground level and with high voltage equipment.
- Excellent time management, organization and communication skills.
- A positive, motivated attitude that works well with little direct supervision.
- Willingness to travel, as required.
- Must reside within 30 minutes of jobsite.
INTERESTED? Apply online below.
No phone calls or walk-ins please.
ABOUT US. UPPCO is a regulated electric utility delivering safe, reliable energy to about 54,000 customers in 10 counties of Michigan’s pristine Upper Peninsula. Our assets include 7 hydroelectric renewable energy generation facilities that also offer public recreational opportunities on land and water, 2 combustion turbines providing a total generation capacity of approximately 80 megawatts, 3,300 miles of electric distribution lines, and 58 distribution substations. Learn more at uppco.com.