The Michigan Tech Enterprise Corporation SmartZone (MTECSZ) seeks an experienced Director of Marketing & Communications to join their team in Houghton, Michigan. The MTECSZ is a not for profit high-tech business incubator that guides entrepreneurs in the development of successful technical businesses, as well as helping create high tech jobs in Michigan’s Keweenaw Peninsula since 2002.
Do you have a rich understanding of what goes into planning, developing and implementing marketing and communication strategies, public relations activities, and creating events that increase brand and client awareness? If so, the Director of Marketing & Communications position may be the perfect fit for you.
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS. Our main objective is finding an exceptional PR person to lead our marketing and communications area. Annual salary will be based on the knowledge, experience and energy you bring to the position and no less than $50,000 to begin. Again, our main goal is finding a skilled brand manager; salary is negotiable. In addition, we offer a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental and vision coverage, health reimbursement plan, flex spending account, employee assistance program, paid time off, paid holidays, SEP retirement plan, short-term disability insurance and life insurance.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION.
- Develop/execute/manage a comprehensive and measurable marketing & communication plan/ budget.
- Develop/maintain relationships with local and state-wide media outlets; manage MTECSZ response to media requests.
- Develop/leverage partnerships with Michigan Tech researchers, faculty, students, staff, community members, organizations, and other stakeholders.
- Provide providing marketing and communication guidance to clients, staff and partners.
- Investigate new media opportunities (print, events, online), negotiate rates, and book space.
- Manage/ensure marketing materials (press releases, brochures, newsletters, web pages, digital/print ads, social media) are compelling, well-written, creative and aligned with our mission and goals.
- Organize and manage events, workshops, board meetings, recruiting events, and other activities.
- Develop and maintain a media training kit to be used by both the staff and clients.
- Coordinate/conduct research (focus groups, surveys, etc.) to evaluate effectiveness of marketing initiatives and team decisions.
- Create storytelling strategies to drive awareness of the MTECSZ, and continuously communicate with and for our clients by way of video and photographing activities and events.
- Review web analytics; develop social media and search ad campaigns on an ongoing basis, generating monthly reports regarding traffic and conversion rates.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED AS OUR DIRECTOR OF MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Communications (or equivalent/relevant work experience) required.
- 5 years’ experience in marketing, communications or public relations required.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the design and execution of marketing, communications, and public relations content and activities.
- Effective public speaking skills.
- Strong creative, strategic, technical, analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team setting.
- Computer proficiency in word processing, website management (WordPress), digital signage management software, and design/editing experience with Adobe CC (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere or Final Cut Pro, etc.).
- Experience with photography, videography, audio recording equipment, and editing software.
INTERESTED? Apply online below.
ABOUT US. Learn more at mtecsz.com