Vollwerth & Company
Vollwerth & Company is growing and seeks a quality driven individual to join our team as a Master Sausage Maker/Operations Manager in Hancock, Michigan. This is a new key position in the company that will manage manufacturing operations.
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS. The position offers a tremendous growth opportunity for someone that is motivated, energetic and eager to work with our meat and spaghetti sauce product line. We offer a starting salary of $40,000 – $50,000 annually based on industry knowledge and experience. In addition, we offer a flexible work schedule, 401k retirement plan, life insurance, paid holidays, paid vacation, and ample opportunity to grow and take on additional responsibilities.
STRONG CANDIDATES FOR THE POSITION POSSESS THE FOLLOWING:
- previous experience within a USDA meat and/or food production facility required;
- degree in Food Science, Meat Science, Animal Science, Food & Food Industry Regulation, Industrial Production or a directly related discipline strong preferred;
- are able to manage, provide quality leadership and work in collaboration with various regulatory and internal groups such as the USDA, FDA, 3rd party audits, Production Manager and various other team members.
- are able to maintain Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) and Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOP) plans including sampling, testing, training employees, cleaning processes, label compliance, and canning regulations;
- oversee daily inventory management and purchasing of all ingredients (beef, pork, casings, spices), production supplies, packaging (bags, films, foam trays, can, labels), and sanitation supplies;
- research, evaluate and source the best and most effective suppliers;
- drive cost reductions and hold all supply partners to lowest, most affordable pricing;
- maintain records, analyze purchasing processes and data systems; provide timely inventory reporting;
- are extremely organized, detail-driven, resourceful, and able to problem-solve effectively;
- proficient with computers, MS Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook), and learning new technology.
INTERESTED? Apply online below.
ABOUT US. Consumers buy our iconic products based on our 100-year history and commitment to high quality. Learn more at vollwerth.com