Iron County Medical Care Facility
The Iron County Medical Care Facility (ICMCF) seeks a dedicated professional RN for the position of full-time Nurse Risk Manager to join our team in Crystal Falls, Michigan.
The person in this role coordinates the identification, analysis, prioritization, and remediation of any circumstance (i.e. process, policy, procedure, equipment, structure, etc.) that puts any resident, staff, or the facility itself in jeopardy of loss of any type (health, safety, finance, legal, etc.). The person who will be successful in this role needs to be highly analytical with an inquisitive personality and have the ability to effectively implement [sometimes difficult] changes in policy, procedure, and culture.
The identification of risk is primarily accomplished through observing, auditing and interviewing for deviation from practices that are not compliant with recommended standards – especially as defined by the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). Analysis and prioritization of identified-risk is completed through trend-monitoring including comparison to defined threshold values. Once initial analysis has been completed and priority has been established, implementation of corrective-action can begin by developing new (or updating existing) policies/procedures and educating staff regarding the implementation of the new/modified processes. Fairly intense initial monitoring of the effectiveness of any implemented changes are required; gradually decreasing to intermittent maintenance surveillance.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE NURSE RISK MANAGER.
- Maintain/foster relationships with nursing staff, residents, their families and friends, and interested persons and/or groups in the community.
- Ensure performance of licensed nurses and CNAs remain in accordance of facility policy/procedures and within state and federal regulations/guidelines by observing interactions, medication administration & documentation during resident care.
- Identify training/educational needs of staff.
- Perform regular nursing rounds to ensure quality resident care and a safe environment.
- Develop/implement plans for the direction and supervision of nursing services and for the improvement of existing methods in the care and treatment of the resident.
- Participate in reviewing and revising current nursing policies and procedures.
- Evaluate documentation in medical records to ensure compliance.
- Investigate/evaluate employee and resident incidents in the facility for ways to improve/minimize future incidents.
- Ensure that staff follow established policies and procedures governing lifting techniques and the use of safety equipment and supplies to prevent work-related injuries and illnesses.
- Notify Maintenance department of any equipment not in safe operating condition.
- Participates in meetings, committees and related groups to receive and convey information.
- Attends routine meetings with RN’s, LPN’s and C.N.A’s (minimum of monthly).
- Participates and collects data for the QA process for nursing and compliance issues.
- Provide feedback to Director of Nursing on patterns of nursing care evidenced in day to day practice.
- Keep current in the field of Nursing through reading current literature, workshops and conferences.
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS. Starting wage of $60,000 annually. In addition, the ICMCF offers benefits including medical, dental, vision, generous retirement plan, paid time off (vacation, sick days, holidays), life insurance and uniform allowance.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL AS OUR NURSE RISK MANAGER.
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the State of Michigan.
- 2 years’ professional nursing experience required.
- Experience in nursing supervision or management or a comparable management position preferred.
- Flexibility to work beyond regular working hours and on weekends and holidays, when necessary.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with a professional demeanor that ensures trust and competence amongst peers, residents and those we serve.
- Proficiency with computers.
- Ability to manage a diverse staff, workload and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to physically and mentally carry out the functions of this position.
INTERESTED? Apply online below.