Iron County Medical Care Facility
The Iron County Medical Care Facility (ICMCF) seeks a full-time Occupational Therapist to join their team in Crystal Falls, Michigan.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST.
- Maintain highest level of Occupational Therapy standards, HIPAA and confidentiality guidelines while performing evaluations and determining effective resident/patient treatment plans in consultation with physicians and by prescription in order to improve strength and physical ability of residents/patients and in redeveloping personal independence/self-reliance; modify treatment plans as needed.
- Administer/comply with occupational therapy in accord with federal, state, facility & professional standards.
- Direct/supervise treatments given by aides/assistants.
- Involve resident, patient, family and/or responsible party in planning objectives and goals.
- Complete discharge planning by consulting w/physicians, nurses, social workers, health care workers; design patient specific maintenance programs: instruct patients, families and/or other caregivers in follow-up home exercise maintenance programs, recommend/provide assistive equipment, recommend outpatient or home health follow-up programs as needed.
- Protect patient, employee and self by adhering to facility infection control policies/procedures; assure therapy area, equipment and supplies are maintained in a clean, safe manner for resident comfort/convenience.
- Maintain an excellent working relationship with the medical professionals and organizations.
- Demonstrate and train resident/patient and nursing personnel, as necessary, in the use of medical equipment involved in the Rehab process.
- Participate in committees, community-based services, meetings, surveys, inspections and programs designed for in-service education, on the job training, orientation classes for newly assigned personnel and volunteers as needed.
- Document resident/patient services by charting and/or completing electronic medical records.
- Travel as needed to perform job and provide services in multiple sites based on resident/patient need.
- Assist in transporting residents/patients to and from therapy as needed.
COMPENSATION. Competitive wage based on your knowledge and experience. In addition, the ICMCF offers benefits including medical, dental, vision, generous retirement plan, paid time off (vacation, sick days, holidays), and life insurance.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL AS OUR OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST.
- Bachelor’s degree in Physical Therapy from an accredited college or university.
- Licensed Occupational Therapist in the State of Michigan.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Previous experience performing occupational therapy in hospital, skilled nursing or other related medical facility setting preferred.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with a professional demeanor that ensures trust and competence amongst peers and residents.
- Ability to manage a diverse workload and prioritize tasks.
- Willingness and ability to attend and participate in continuing education classes to keep with current changes in healthcare field as well as maintain professional status.
- Ability to physically and mentally carry out the functions of this position including working with ill, disabled, elderly, and/or emotionally upset individuals; frequent bending, lifting, pushing or pulling a minimum of 50 pounds and assist residents weighing up to 500 pounds.
- This position is in a long-term care facility, open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. This position is a salary exempt position, generally 5 days per week with days and hours as assigned. Rotating weekends may be required. Willingness to work more than the normal hours or days when necessary is required.
INTERESTED? Apply online by clicking the link below.
Learn more about us at ironcountymcf.com