Dickinson County Healthcare System
The Dickinson County Healthcare System (DCHS) seeks a full-time Patient Representative to join their team of 600 committed staff members in Iron Mountain, Michigan.
The ideal person for this position is someone extremely organized, professional and can follow through on a project from start to finish while remaining positive. This position processes accounts, identifies and resolves complex billing and collection issues, and tracks account progress on through collection.
- Prepare and submit claims to primary, secondary and tertiary insurance companies; follow-up to collect on submitted claims.
- Meet monthly cash collection Accounts Receivable goals.
- Establish payment arrangements with patients, collect on delinquent accounts, and follow-up to ensure delinquent accounts are either paid up or forwarded to outside collection agency.
- Follow policies, procedures, directives and compliance standards established by hospital and supervising staff.
- Maintain effective and professional communication with hospital staff and patients.
WAGE/BENEFITS. Starting pay of $14.99 – $17.46 per hour based on years of experience. In addition, the position offers medical, dental, vision, pension plan, paid time off (sick, vacation) and life insurance.
MINIMUM AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS.
- 2 years’ experience in patient or insurance billing, collections, customer service and handling complaints required; healthcare business environment preferred.
- High school diploma required; Associates degree or higher in Business or a directly related field preferred.
- Proficiency with computers and basic office software including experience with computer-based billing/collection programs.
- Experience in collections and handling complaints preferred.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Are motivated to take action, use sound judgement, and exercise resourcefulness in solving problems.
- Exceptional customer service skills with a professional demeanor that ensures trust, competence and compassion amongst patients and team members.
- Ability to successfully pass a pre-hire drug screening and background check.
INTERESTED? Submit your application for employment at dchs.hirescore.com
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION. DCHS has been named a 2020 Top 100 Rural & Community Hospital by The Chartis Center for Rural Health. This annual award honoring rural hospital performance is determined by the results of iVantage Health Analytics’ Hospital Strength INDEX®, which is celebrating its tenth anniversary in 2020. Learn more at dchs.org
To apply for this job please visit app.keysurvey.com.