Dickinson County Healthcare System
The Dickinson County Healthcare System (DCHS) seeks a PC & Network Support Analyst to join their Information Systems team in Iron Mountain, Michigan.
The ideal candidate interacts well with other employees and departments to provide IT system support to users of DCHS technology networks. Candidates for this position enjoy solving problems and proactively trouble-shooting issues. The successful candidate fosters an insatiable desire to continually increase and share their knowledge of new and emerging technologies as we strive to become a premier healthcare provider in the region.
This position reports to the Information Systems Help Desk Coordinator.
- Install/trouble-shoot workstations, LAN & WAN components, printers and software on the system network.
- Track PC component inventory and order replacements, as needed.
- Research hardware and software as requested by users.
- Perform user needs surveys.
- Setup, install and train end-users on new hardware/software.
- Develop and maintain written standards and procedures for networking functions.
- Work collaboratively with members of the Information Systems Department and other DCHS departments to provide support for network related projects and issues.
- Stay current and adhere to department and hospital policies and procedures.
- Respond in a timely manner to software, equipment & computer operation “On-Call” requests, as assigned.
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS. Starting pay of $22.85 – $34.28 per hour based on your knowledge and expertise. Position offers medical, dental, vision, pension plan, paid time off (sick, vacation), and life insurance.
MINIMUM AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 3 years’ experience in PC support (Windows 7/8/10, Server), software installation and setup, and network support (MS Active Directory, Linux, web, etc.) required; background in hospital networks a plus.
- Certification in IT Support (A+, CNA, CNE, MCSE, etc.) helpful.
- Working knowledge of network topologies and architecture including cables, hardware and software.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and workflow with end-users and meet deadlines.
- Desire to learn advanced troubleshooting/support techniques in both software and hardware areas.
- Ability to work under pressure, analyze information and solve problems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to provide subject matter guidance and advice to end-users.
- Ability to successfully pass a pre-hire drug screening and background check.
INTERESTED? Submit your application for employment at dchs.hirescore.com
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION. DCHS has been named a 2020 Top 100 Rural & Community Hospital by The Chartis Center for Rural Health. This annual award honoring rural hospital performance is determined by the results of iVantage Health Analytics’ Hospital Strength INDEX®, which is celebrating its tenth anniversary in 2020. Learn more at dchs.org