Dickinson County Healthcare System
The Dickinson County Healthcare System (DCHS) seeks a full-time Physician Assistant (PA) or Nurse Practitioner (NP) to join their Urology team in Iron Mountain, Michigan.
This position is ideally suited for someone comfortable working independently, who has a passion for providing exceptional patient care to men, women, and children of all ages, and embodies good judgment and excellent communication skills.
The PA/NP reports to Physicians and the Clinic Manager.
- Comply with best practices in urology care as well as established hospital policies and procedures to render care of patients.
- Examine patients; conduct initial patient history and genito-urinary examinations, perform and interpret diagnostic tests, make diagnosis and treatment recommendations for urologic problems.
- Conducts post-operative follow-up and evaluations.
- Provides education to assist patients in achieving good health and reducing their incidence of urologic diseases and disorders.
- Prescribes medications and physical therapy, when appropriate.
- Update physician regarding patient updates/change of status, test results and new admissions.
- Maintain effective, appropriate and professional communication with hospital staff, physicians, patients and care providers at all times.
- Document and maintain data on patient record.
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS. Position offers a very competitive salary and is negotiable along with medical, dental, vision, pension plan, paid time off (sick, vacation) and life insurance; relocation assistance if needed.
SCHEDULE. This is a Monday – Friday day-shift position with varying start times between 8:00am – 9:00am.
MINIMUM AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS.
- Graduate from an accredited institution.
- Licensed Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner in the State of Michigan or ability to obtain Michigan License within 3 weeks of hire.
- Continuing medical education as required by the certification body.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification or ability to obtain within 3 months of hire.
- Previous experience working as a PA or NP desired with preference given to candidates with hands-on or clinical experience in Urology.
- Analytical skills necessary to plan, develop and administer care to a wide variety of patients.
- Exceptional customer service skills with a professional demeanor that ensures trust, competence and compassion amongst patients and team members.
- Ability to successfully pass a pre-hire drug screening and background check.
INTERESTED? Submit your application for employment at dchs.hirescore.com
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION. DCHS has been named a 2020 Top 100 Rural & Community Hospital by The Chartis Center for Rural Health. This annual award honoring rural hospital performance is determined by the results of iVantage Health Analytics’ Hospital Strength INDEX®, which is celebrating its tenth anniversary in 2020. Learn more at dchs.org