Dickinson County Healthcare System
The Dickinson County Healthcare System (DCHS) seeks three full-time Physician Billers to join their team of 600 committed staff members in Iron Mountain, Michigan.
The ideal person for the Biller is someone extremely organized, professional and can follow a through on a project from start to finish while remaining positive. This position processes accounts, identifies and resolves complex billing and collection issues, and tracks account progress on through collection.
- Review, code (CPT/ICD-10/HCPCS/Revenue) and key in daily charges.
- Prepare and submit claims to primary, secondary and tertiary insurance companies; follow-up to collect on submitted claims.
- Meet monthly cash collection Accounts Receivable goals.
- Maintain accounts by submitting appropriate payment/adjustment requests.
- Audit charts on a monthly basis to assure appropriate coding and documentation.
- Follow policies, procedures, directives and compliance standards established by hospital and supervising staff.
- Maintain effective and professional communication with hospital staff and vendors.
WAGE/BENEFITS. Starting pay of $14.99 – $19.26 per hour based on years of experience. In addition, they offer medical, dental, vision, pension plan, paid time off (sick, vacation) and life insurance.
MINIMUM AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS.
- 1 year experience in a healthcare business environment or financial institution.
- 1 year coding (CPT/ICD-10) experience or Medical Coding Certificate from AAPC or AHIMA, or Associates degree in a directly related field.
- Proficiency with computers and basic office software including experience with computer-based practice management software.
- Experience in collections and handling complaints preferred.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology required.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Are motivated to take action, use sound judgement, and exercise resourcefulness in solving problems.
- Exceptional customer service skills with a professional demeanor that ensures trust, competence and compassion amongst patients, team members and vendors.
- Ability to successfully pass a pre-hire drug screening and background check.
INTERESTED? Submit your application for employment by clicking the link below.