Dickinson County Healthcare System
The Dickinson County Healthcare System (DCHS) seeks both a full-time and part-time Home Health Staff Registered Nurse (RN) to join their team in Iron Mountain, Michigan.
This position is responsible for the delivery and coordination of home health care for patients including educating the patient, assessing self-learning needs, and provides leadership by working collaboratively with team members to maintain standards for professional nursing practices
The Staff RN reports to the Division Manager and supervises Home Care Aides, as needed.
- Comply with best practices in nursing as well as established home health policies and procedures to render optimal care for patients.
- Maintain effective, appropriate and professional communication with hospital staff, patients and care providers at all times.
- Serve as Charge Nurse, as assigned.
- Provide patient education.
- Utilize and maintain hospital supplies/equipment in a cost effective and safe manner.
- Document and maintain data on patient record.
WAGE/BENEFITS. Starting pay of $24.12 – $31.77 per hour based on years of experience. In addition, we offer medical, dental, vision, pension plan, paid time off (sick, vacation) and life insurance.
SCHEDULE. Full-time position is weekday with shifts typically 8am to 4pm, but may vary occasionally. Part-time position is weekday offering 48 – 64 hours per two-week pay period and participates in the evening and weekend rotation schedule to meet the needs of our home health clients. Shifts are typically 8am to 4pm, but may vary occasionally. Both positions participate in rotating periods of on-call (usually one evening per week and rotating weekends) and generally no more frequently than one weekend per month (usually less).
MINIMUM AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing required.
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the State of Michigan required.
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the State of Wisconsin or ability to obtain within 30 days of hire.
- 3 years’ experience as a Registered Nurse and/or 1-year experience in a Medicare certified home health or public health agency required.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification or ability to obtain within 30 days of hire.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and reliable insured transportation. Must be willing to travel to patient locations in a hospital provided vehicle or personal vehicle during various weather/road conditions.
- Ability to manage a diverse workload and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to physically and mentally carry out the functions of this position.
- Exceptional customer service skills with a professional demeanor that ensures trust, competence and compassion amongst patients and team members.
- Ability to successfully pass a pre-hire drug screening and background check.
INTERESTED? Submit your application for employment by clicking the link below.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION. DCHS has been named a 2020 Top 100 Rural & Community Hospital by The Chartis Center for Rural Health. This annual award honoring rural hospital performance is determined by the results of iVantage Health Analytics’ Hospital Strength INDEX®, which is celebrating its tenth anniversary in 2020. Learn more at dchs.org