Dickinson County Healthcare System
The Dickinson County Healthcare System (DCHS) seeks a regular, part-time Staff Registered Nurse (RN) to join their Radiation Oncology and Chemotherapy Infusion team in Iron Mountain, Michigan.
This position oversees the daily functions of the Radiation Oncology and Chemotherapy Infusion clinic, administers direct and indirect care of patients, provides triage assessments and determines urgency, and assures the department is adequately staffed with competent personnel to carry out clinic and chemo infusion services.
The Staff RN reports to Cancer Care Director.
- Comply with best practices in nursing as well as established hospital policies and procedures to render care of patients.
- Maintain effective, appropriate and professional communication with hospital staff, patients and care providers at all times.
- Serve as Charge Nurse, as assigned.
- Provide patient education.
- Utilize and maintain hospital supplies/equipment in a cost effective and safe manner.
- Document and maintain data on patient record.
WAGE/BENEFITS. Starting pay of $24.12 – $31.77 per hour based on years of experience. In addition, we offer medical, dental, vision, pension plan, paid time off (sick, vacation) and life insurance.
SCHEDULE. This is a regular, part-time day-shift position offering 64 – 80 hours per two-week pay period. Shifts are 6, 8 or 10 hours with varying start times between 7:00am – 8:00am.
MINIMUM AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS.
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the State of Michigan or ability to obtain Michigan RN License within 3 weeks of hire; BSN degree preferred.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification or ability to obtain within 3 months of hire.
- 2 years previous nursing experience in outpatient services or clinic preferred; current Hematology/Oncology clinic experience or Chemotherapy Infusion experience a plus.
- Certification in Chemotherapy/Oncology Nursing (OCN, AOCN) preferred or willingness to be trained and certified in chemo infusion.
- Ability to manage a diverse workload and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to physically and mentally carry out the functions of this position.
- Exceptional customer service skills with a professional demeanor that ensures trust, competence and compassion amongst patients and team members.
- Ability to successfully pass a pre-hire drug screening and background check.
INTERESTED? Submit your application for employment at dchs.hirescore.com
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION. DCHS has been named a 2020 Top 100 Rural & Community Hospital by The Chartis Center for Rural Health. This annual award honoring rural hospital performance is determined by the results of iVantage Health Analytics’ Hospital Strength INDEX®, which is celebrating its tenth anniversary in 2020. Learn more at dchs.org