Dickinson County Healthcare System
The Dickinson County Healthcare System (DCHS) seeks a Retail Pharmacist Supervisor/Lead to join their team of 600 committed staff members in Iron Mountain, Michigan.
The ideal person for this position is a knowledgeable leader who is versed in pharmacy protocol. This position directs the overall day-to-day operations of our retail pharmacy and assures compliance with all hospital, local, state and federal regulatory standards. The Pharmacist provides patient-specific drug use services that strive to achieve optimal drug use outcomes. Services provided shall compliment the hospital’s mission of always promoting safe, effective, rational and cost-effective use of medications. The Pharmacist continually assesses practices and procedures form quality improvement opportunities.
This position supervises Pharmacy Technicians and all individuals licensed and/or authorized to prescribe, handle, administer, or monitor the effects of medications with respect to the safe use of medications and in compliance with Federal and State of Michigan Laws. This position reports to the Manager of Pharmacy Services.
- Assist in preparation of operating and staffing budget for Retail Pharmacy Services Department (review FTEs, financial and productivity data, make adjustments to adhere to budget).
- Direct and oversee day-to-day operations of Retail Pharmacy Department to assure accurate and timely provision of services, timely third-party reimbursement, charging and billing, and manage daily inventory and ordering.
- Follow and enforce department and hospital-wide policies and procedures with specific focus on medication use policies/procedures and compliance with Federal and State rules/regulations.
- Continuously evaluate the drug use system to identify improvement opportunities; promote cost effective patient-specific medication use to enhance an optimal therapeutic outcome.
- Monitor patient drug therapy for such concerns as drug interactions, duplicate therapy, allergies, contraindications, etc.; when appropriate, intervene to optimize care.
WAGE/BENEFITS. Starting pay of $98,508.80 – $147,763.20 annually based on knowledge and years of experience. In addition, we offer medical, dental, vision, pension plan, paid time off (sick, vacation), life insurance and relocation assistance.
MINIMUM AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Pharmacy required.
- Licensed Pharmacist in the State of Michigan or licensure eligible in Michigan required.
- Minimum of 2 years retail pharmacy experience in a hospital setting preferred; experience in specialty pharmacy desired.
- Knowledge of third-party reimbursement, charging and billing processes necessary.
- Exceptional customer service skills with a professional demeanor that ensures trust, competence and compassion amongst team members.
- Possess a strong supervisory aptitude with a proven track record of success in coordinating/participating in daily operations, tracking performance and process improvement.
- Proficiency with computers and basic office software (MS Word, Excel, Outlook) including experience with computer-based practice management software.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks/staff simultaneously.
- Ability to successfully pass a pre-hire drug screening and background check.
INTERESTED? Submit your application for employment by clicking the link below.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION. DCHS has been named a 2020 Top 100 Rural & Community Hospital by The Chartis Center for Rural Health. This annual award honoring rural hospital performance is determined by the results of iVantage Health Analytics’ Hospital Strength INDEX®, which is celebrating its tenth anniversary in 2020. Learn more at dchs.org