Iron County Medical Care Facility
The Iron County Medical Care Facility (ICMCF) seeks a dedicated professional for the position of full-time Infection Preventionist RN to join their team in Crystal Falls, Michigan.
The Infection Preventionist is responsible for the infection control and prevention program designed to prevent the development and transmission of communicable diseases and infections. This position serves as an active member on the quality assessment and assurance committee and regularly reports to the committee on the program. The Infection Preventionist also serves as a resource to and collaborates with all facility departments and staff.
This position reports to the Director of Nursing, Assistant Administrator, Administrator, and Quality Assessment & Assurance Committee.
- Develop and implement an ongoing infection prevention and control program to prevent, recognize and control the onset and spread of infections in the facility.
- Establish facility-wide systems for prevention, identification, reporting, investigation and control of infections and communicable diseases of residents, staff and visitors.
- Develop, implement, educate and perform ongoing review/revision of written policies/procedures for infection prevention and control in accordance with regulations, current standards of practice and recognized guidelines.
- Actively participate in committees/programs as assigned (antibiotic stewardship program, Quality Assessment & Assurance Committee).
- Assist Director of Nursing with oversight of resident care activities (i.e. use/care of urinary catheters, wound care, incontinence care, performing fingersticks, central line care, oral care, feeding tube usage, medication administration, etc.); make recommendations for improvement.
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS. Starting wage of $30.00 per hour with increase to $30.50/hour at 6 months and $31.00/hour at 1 year. In addition, the ICMCF offers a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, generous retirement plan, paid time off (vacation, sick days, holidays, personal days), short-term disability, life insurance and uniform allowance.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED AS THE INFECTION PREVENTIONIST RN.
- Professional training in nursing, medical technology, microbiology, epidemiology or directly related field of study preferred, however, your experience, education or certification in infection control matters most and is highly preferred; CIC Certification a plus.
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the State of Michigan preferred.
- Previous experience working in epidemiology, a hospital laboratory, skilled nursing, public health or other related medical facility preferred.
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills with a professional demeanor that ensures trust and competence amongst peers.
- Proficiency with computers.
- Ability to manage a diverse workload and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to physically and mentally carry out the functions of this position.
INTERESTED? Apply online by selecting the APPLY link below.