Schneider, Larche, Haapala & Co PLLC (SLH), a leading audit, tax and advisory firm, seeks an experienced Senior Auditor/Tax Associate (CPA) to join their team in Escanaba, MI. This position offers opportunities to grow with the firm while enjoying an excellent work/life balance in the beautiful Upper Peninsula of Michigan.
As a Senior Auditor/Tax Associate (CPA), you will work with clients in diverse industries managing audit engagements and providing tax preparation and compliance, business solutions and advisory services.
- Planning, executing, directing, and completing audit engagements including
- supervising and mentoring engagement teams and
- managing time budget.
- Understanding client operations and processes and working with client management to identify and resolve client issues/problems.
- Preparing income tax returns for individuals, corporations, and partnerships including preparation of supporting tax working papers.
- Building and maintaining positive working relationships with clients.
- Researching accounting, audit, tax and regulatory-related issues and presenting solutions.
- Keeping current on accounting/audit/tax/ regulatory developments.
- Other duties as necessary*
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS SLH offers an attractive compensation and benefits program including offering a competitive starting salary. Benefits offered include
- health, dental and vision insurance
- paid holidays vacation and personal days
- participation in SIMPLE plan
- life insurance
- flexible working schedule
- technology-oriented working environment
SLH offers outstanding opportunity for career growth and professional development through individual mentoring, working in team environments, top-notch CPE and training opportunities and personal development opportunities. SLH is committed to ongoing professional and personal development.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required
- 3 or more years’ public accounting experience required
- Current CPA license required
- Proficiency in US GAAP and GAAS
- Strong accounting and tax technical skillset
- Ability to work well with people of diverse backgrounds and experience levels
- Proficiency with accounting software (QuickBooks, Accounting CS, UltraTax) is a plus
- Proficient experience with Excel and Word is a plus
INTERESTED IN JOINING US? Apply online at slh-cpa.hirescore.com
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
ABOUT SCHNEIDER, LARCHE, HAAPALA & COMPANY PLLC (SLH) SLH is a local firm located in the beautiful Upper Peninsula of Michigan. We offer a variety of tax, audit accounting, advisory and consulting services to a diverse client base including private companies in financial services, manufacturing, retail, transportation, and service professions; governmental agencies, non-profits, and employee benefit plans.
MISSION: To help clients maintain financial viability in the present while taking a proactive approach to achieve future goals.
Employees of SLH take pride in knowing they are working toward a bigger goal of easing their clients’ financial burdens and making their lives better. We work together as a company to have a positive impact on our clients every day and to view life in a positive, upbeat manner.
Learn more at slh-cpa.com
*This is not intended to be a comprehensive list of duties.