Schneider, Larche, Haapala & Co PLLC
Schneider, Larche, Haapala & Co PLLC (SLH), a leading audit, tax and advisory firm, seeks an experienced Senior Auditor/Tax Associate (CPA) to join their team in Escanaba, Michigan. This position offers opportunities to grow with the firm while enjoying an excellent work/life balance in the beautiful Upper Peninsula of Michigan.
As a Senior Auditor/Tax Associate (CPA), you will work with clients in diverse industries managing audit engagements and providing tax preparation and compliance, business solutions and advisory services. The main responsibilities of the Senior Auditor/Tax Associate (CPA) position include:
- Planning, executing, directing, and completing audit engagements including supervising and mentoring engagement teams and managing time budgets.
- Understanding client operations and processes and working with client management to identify and resolve client issues/problems.
- Preparing income tax returns for individuals, corporations, and partnerships including preparation of supporting tax working
- Building and maintaining positive working relationships with clients.
- Researching accounting, audit, tax and regulatory related issues and presenting solutions.
- Keeping current on accounting/audit/tax/ regulatory developments.
- Other duties as necessary*
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS SLH offers an attractive compensation and benefits program including offering a highly competitive starting salary. Benefits offered include health, dental and vision insurance, paid holidays vacation and personal days, participation in SIMPLE plan, and life insurance. SLH offers a flexible working schedule and a technology-oriented working environment.
SLH offers outstanding opportunity for career growth and professional development through individual mentoring, working in team environments, top-notch CPE and training opportunities and personal development opportunities. SLH is committed to ongoing professional and personal development.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required
- 3 or more years’ public accounting experience required
- Current CPA license required
- Proficiency in US GAAP and GAAS
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong accounting and tax technical skillset
- Time management and organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and manage simultaneous engagements and projects in a fast-paced, results-based team environment.
- Ability to work well with people of diverse backgrounds and experience levels
- Proficient experience with accounting software (Quickbooks, Accounting CS, Ultratax) is a plus
- Proficient experience with Excel and Word is a plus
INTERESTED IN JOINING US? Apply online at slh-cpa.hirescore.com.
No phone calls, emails or walk-ins, please.
ABOUT SCHNEIDER, LARCHE, HAAPALA & COMPANY PLLC (SLH) SLH is a local firm located in the beautiful Upper Peninsula of Michigan. We offer a variety of tax, audit accounting, advisory and consulting services to a diverse client base including private companies in financial services, manufacturing, retail, transportation, and service professions; governmental agencies, non-profits, and employee benefit plans.
Our mission is to help clients maintain financial viability and sustainability while taking a proactive approach to achieve future goals.
Employees of SLH take pride in knowing they are working toward a bigger goal of easing their clients’ financial burdens and making their lives better. We work together as a company to have a positive impact on our clients every day and to view life in a positive, upbeat manner.
Learn more at slh-cpa.com
*This is not intended to be a comprehensive list of duties.
To apply for this job please visit app.keysurvey.com.