Dickinson County Healthcare System
The Dickinson County Healthcare System (DCHS) seeks a Senior Programmer Analyst to join their team of 600 committed staff members in Iron Mountain, Michigan.
The ideal person for this position is experienced in system analysis, administration, design and programming of systems. This position reports to the Director of Information Systems.
- Provide programming support including coding, testing and designing new systems and solutions.
- Help mentor fellow staff programmers when designing and developing applications/systems.
- Make estimates on project requirements.
- Self-motivated problem solver who actively participates in solution development.
- Comply with programming/documentation standards when creating new programs, procedures, modifications, creating files, creating dictionaries and creating reports; notify stakeholders of documentation for processes requiring related support.
- Provide application/system support in a timely fashion; coordinate with vendors when assistance is required.
- Coordinate the selection, installation, setup and training of new systems as needed.
- Track, prioritize and document projects using department tracking software.
- Stay current and adhere to department and hospital policies and procedures.
- Respond in a timely manner to software, equipment and computer operation “On-Call” requests, as assigned.
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS. Starting pay of $25.00 – $37.50 per hour based on years of experience. In addition, we offer medical, dental, vision, pension plan, paid time off (sick, vacation), and life insurance.
MINIMUM AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Applied Math, Management Information Systems, Web Development, Engineering or directly related field required.
- 5 years’ experience in detailed system analysis, design, and supporting applications on a mainframe, mid-range, or mini-computer platform required.
- Experience with Windows Server, IBM AIX and Linux operating systems and/or hospital operating system administration required.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL database preferred; Oracle a plus.
- Demonstrated programming experience writing code using Microsoft Excel advanced macros & formulas, Microsoft Access, SSRS, VB.NET (C# preferred); knowledge converting Crystal Reports to VB6 a plus.
- Knowledge and understanding of 340B program and compliance requirements a plus.
- Experience/familiarity with networking technology (TCP/IP), domain name system (DNS), FTP, TelNet and other network services a plus.
- Possess exceptional communication skills with ability to deal effectively with diverse skill sets and personalities.
- Ability to work effectively as team leader and team player.
- You are creative and organized with a proven ability to prioritize workload, meet deadlines, utilize time effectively, and quickly adapt to changing requirements.
- Ability to successfully pass a pre-hire drug screening and background check.
INTERESTED? Submit your application for employment at dchs.hirescore.com
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION. DCHS has been named a 2020 Top 100 Rural & Community Hospital by The Chartis Center for Rural Health. This annual award honoring rural hospital performance is determined by the results of iVantage Health Analytics’ Hospital Strength INDEX®, which is celebrating its tenth anniversary in 2020. Learn more at dchs.org