Anderson, Tackman & Company CPAs
Anderson, Tackman & Company CPAs, a well-established, full-service accounting firm, seeks an experienced Tax Manager to join our team in Marquette, Michigan. The ideal candidate is looking to establish with us on a long-term basis and would like to become a leader and partner in our company.
WHAT YOU’LL DO.
- Technical review of federal and state income tax returns: corporate, partnership, individual, estates and trusts.
- Preparation of more complex returns, including multi-state.
- Supervision, training and career mentorship of tax preparers.
- Respond to inquiries from various tax authorities.
- Tax planning on a transactional and annual basis.
- Recommend and implement efficient tax return preparation processes.
- Research and solve complex tax issues on all aspects of taxes including income, sales, and payroll taxes using internet-based research tools, and communicate the results of that research clearly and concisely.
- Internal consulting on tax issues for our partners.
- Keep current on new developments in tax law/regulations and communicate
important current developments to firm and clients.
- Build new and existing client relationships.
- Participate in initiatives for increased productivity and profitability.
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS. Starting salary of $60,000 – $80,000 annually, based on your knowledge and experience. In addition, we offer medical, vision, dental, 401(k) retirement plan, profit sharing, life insurance, paid vacation and holidays, continuing professional education, paid memberships to professional organizations along with the opportunity to advance your career to a partnership role within our company.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL AS OUR TAX MANAGER.
- CPA License with 4 or more years’ experience in Tax and Business required.
- A sincere desire to learn and grow with our firm leading towards a Partner position.
- Success in tax and consulting for small to medium sized businesses.
- Demonstrated proficiency with business accounting software (i.e. QuickBooks, Sage, Thompson Reuters, Ultra Tax) and Microsoft Office software required.
- An ability to lead, supervise and mentor other members of our team and clientele using your exceptional communication skills.
- Willingness to stay current on developing tax law.
- Ability to maintain and promote a positive attitude and work environment.
INTERESTED IN JOINING US? Apply online below.
No phone calls, emails or walk-ins please.
ABOUT US. Learn more at atcomqt.com