Innovate Marquette SmartZone (the SmartZone) seeks a highly motivated and enthusiastic Marketing Manager to join their team in Marquette, MI. As Marketing Manager, you will directly supervise a team of part-time NMU student employees and outside service providers to assist with day-to-day marketing strategies for both the SmartZone and Invent@NMU.
The ideal candidate will possess a passion for strategically utilizing all platforms, channels, and technologies to enhance and grow the SmartZone, Invent@NMU, and current client brands and attract new clients.
- Develop, manage, and execute comprehensive marketing strategies, in concert with other SmartZone management staff, that successfully utilizes all communication channels (digital and traditional) to enhance the organization’s brand and customer base.
- Develop and manage comprehensive content marketing programs with defined budgets, goals, strategies, audiences, tactics, and measurements for all internal and external client projects and audiences. This includes leading the student team in working with Invent@NMU clientele.
- Coordinate and lead recurring events hosted or attended by both the SmartZone and Invent@NMU. This includes planning, promotion, and execution.
- Act as copywriter and editor-in-chief of content calendar, development, management, storage/archival, and organization processes.
- Provide consistent content updates to communication channels to stimulate traffic, attract customers, increase brand awareness, and provide meaningful engagement and followers.
- Execute and manage content marketing programs across multiple channels and tactics including: email, landing pages, webinars, video, mobile, SEO, PPC, blogs on social media and websites.
- Support other aspects of internal and external client marketing including: tradeshow support, channel partner support, design, and layout of promotional materials.
- Provide content effectiveness and analysis in monthly reports, including monitoring and reporting on campaign results.
- Summarize and prepare information and graphs for PowerPoint presentations.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS (Required)
- Bachelor’s degree (Business, Marketing, or similar preferred)
- Impeccable writing and verbal communication skills
- Ability to lead and mentor a team of part-time student employees
- Ability to think and perform analytically, logically, and strategically
- Well organized, self-motivated, and detail orientated
- Comfortable with giving and receiving performance feedback
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Strong recent working knowledge and expertise in the digital space, including social media & event management platforms (i.e. LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Constant Contact, Mail Chimp, Eventbrite, etc.)
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS (Preferred)
- 5-10 years of related experience
- Knowledge in AP style writing
- Experience in the entrepreneurial, start-up, or incubator ecosystem
- Experience with CMS website back end (especially Word Press)
- Experience designing and/or implementing targeted SEO, SEM, or social campaigns
COMPENSATION The Marquette SmartZone puts great value on this leadership position as a part of our overall management team by offering a salary range of $45,000 – $50,000 annually commensurate with documented experience and a proven track record of success.
BENEFITS Innovate Marquette offers a great benefits package including SEP retirement plan, employee health coverage, holidays and paid time off, and disability and life insurance.
APPLY ONLINE AT innovatemarquette.hirescore.com
No phone calls or walk-ins, please.
ABOUT Innovate Marquette SmartZone (the SmartZone), a 501(c)3 non-profit corporation, was created as a business incubator and accelerator to coordinate, inspire, promote, and lead business, government, academic, and community leaders to transform Marquette into a world-class entrepreneurial support ecosystem. We are one of 19 state designated SmartZone’s in Michigan, strategically located in communities where unique assets exist to create and maintain a robust entrepreneurial support ecosystem.