The search for the Keweenaw Community Foundation Executive Director is underway in Hancock, Michigan.
The Executive Director is the face of the organization and is responsible for driving community awareness of the Keweenaw Community Foundation. The Executive Director works closely with and reports to the Board of Trustees and Board Chair.
To be successful in this role, you should have a high level of leadership experience, possess strong knowledge of the Keweenaw along with a network of connections, have expertise with various kinds of charitable giving, fund raising and fund development activities, and an ability to make presentations in small and large group settings.
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS. $40,000 annually, commensurate with experience and other qualifications. Included are paid holidays, cell phone, mileage reimbursement for travel outside of Houghton County, and possible relocation assistance for the right candidate.
HOURS. This position offers a flexible work schedule (typically Monday – Friday) and on average 30 hours per week with occasional evening and weekend activities as required.
- Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience which provides you the ability to ramp up quickly in understanding the key attributes of a community foundation and its operation, stakeholders and support system. A typical way to obtain this background would be to possess a degree in Business or Public Administration or have 5 or more years’ experience in a senior leadership position in which your main contributions focused on sales and/or business development.
- Experience and working knowledge of foundations, charitable giving, fund raising strategies, and donor relations.
- Knowledge and understanding of Houghton and Keweenaw Counties, community resources, and a network of connections will be helpful.
- Possess a proven track record of success in marketing and building community/donor relationships.
- Ability to present to diverse audiences including exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to successfully motivate and manage staff that includes strong interpersonal and organizational skills (planning, delegating, program development, budget, staff accountability).
- Experience with grant writing and/or grant management.
- General understanding of financial markets and investing helpful.
- Proficiency w/computers and Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email) required.
- Experience reporting to and working with a board of directors, required.
- Ability to relocate and reside in the Houghton/Keweenaw, Michigan area required.
INTERESTED? Apply online below.
ABOUT US. Learn more at keweenawcommunityfoundation.org