J. Peltier Construction
J. Peltier Construction seeks an experienced Carpenter to join their team in Hancock, Michigan.
- Report to project foreman who oversees daily activities.
- Follow safe work practices, OSHA safety protocols, and proper lifting techniques.
- Measure, cut, shape and/or install building material including framing, siding, windows, doors, cabinetry and trim work.
- Follow blueprints and building plans.
- Use power tools and hand tools to conduct repairs and construct building components.
- Maintain construction tools or equipment.
- Load or unload materials used in construction or extraction.
- Assemble temporary equipment or structures (ladders, scaffolds and hoists in place for taking supplies to roofs).
- Identify any issues regarding safety or hazardous conditions to the Site Foreman.
- Exposure to constant activity that requires standing, bending, crouching, pushing/pulling, lifting light to heavy weight up to 50 pounds.
- Exposure to outdoor environment (hot, cold, damp, rain, windy, etc.)
- Work collaboratively with a team of carpenters, roofers, laborers and other site workers.
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS. $16 – $30 per hour, based on your knowledge and experience, along with a retirement plan, paid holidays, and bonuses based on performance.
MINIMUM AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a carpenter or in commercial or residential construction required.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation required.
- Ability to read and follows instructions.
- Ability to use power tools, hand tools and measuring tools effectively.
- Physically ability to lift 50 pounds required.
- Physical ability to climb ladders, lifts and scaffolding to heights needed for building projects.
- Ability to maintain and promote a positive attitude in the work environment and provide top-notch service to all customers and employees.
INTERESTED? Apply online below.
ABOUT THE COMPANY. J. Peltier Construction is a family orientated, licensed and insured commercial and residential builder. For the past 12 years, they’ve provided quality construction with their team of 12 team members.